Tuesday, August 2, 2011

SCISA, SCCSS and GCSS conference updates



I called the SCISA today to find out if I could get more information about their teachers' conference or workshop coming up in November. They are going to email me the information as soon as they have everything fixed up. She also said she would love to have me do a presentation. So now the wheels are turning on what to present to a group of teachers. As a writer, I don't really feel I have much to offer teachers, but I'm going to go for it - a writing workshop for teachers. This one will be held at Ben Lippen School in November. So I'll make the trip to Columbia the first week of November.

As I'm not coming up with the funds for either of the state Council for the Social Studies conferences, I've decided to forego them this year and hope that maybe next year I can afford them and hook up with the social studies teachers. I'm happy with being able to get involved in a teachers' conference.

I'll keep plugging away, doing what I'm doing - homeschool conferences, independent school teachers' conferences and hopefully the council for social studies conferences with an occasional book festival thrown in there (can't let the Savannah one go because that is an opportunity to do school visits before the event).

Stay tuned for more updates as I get them. Ma America & the JGDS

3 comments:

Diplo_Daddy said...

Sort of like playing the lottery, eh. Sometimes the numbers you play aren't the numbers that come up.

But don't give up!

Kathy said...

Your books look very interesting! What a unique idea. I will be passing this along to other teachers I know.
Best wishes for all your plans.

elysabeth said...

No worries, Diplo_Daddy - not giving up - just readjusting to different outlets. That SCISA contact and being asked to do a presenttion to the teachers has led to another possible presentation to the SC Association of School Librarians - so two for one kind of thing - lol.

Thanks, Kathy. I do have study guides to go with each book that goes sort of cross curriculum. I also do skype visits and can do writing workshops in person. - Thank you for passing along my information. Don't forget to check out my website for more on school visits and virtual class visits - http://jgdsseries.weebly.com - E :)

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity