Friday, February 25, 2011

baskets update #2

I'm at it again. I like using a single strand of yarn and tying together as you weave (the yarn is easier to work with than the plastic bag strips). This is the same basket I did yesterday with the three strands and glad I didn't glue them down or anything - took it apart and weaved as far as I could with the red, tied the white and wove around; tied the blue and wove around - I think it turned out pretty cool and just think how creative you can get with the different colors of foam and the different colors of yarns out there - If anyone is interested in the patterns for the baskets (small and large), I've placed them on my website under the craft tab page. You are welcome to print off and use for any crafting time you would like. Let me know which you like better - working with multiple colors as one in a kind of layered fashion or with single strands and weaving until you need to tie another piece to continue. I'd love to hear from my readers who have tried the craft and with different colored foam and yarn - drop me a line at my email addy (in my profile) - Mrs. E :)


While uploading this picture, I came up with another idea - which I think is going to look pretty cool, so as soon as I do that, I'll definitely post.







No comments:

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity