Friday, July 23, 2010

Delay for Train of Clues

Due to a problem with the printing of one of the illustrations (and lack of funds at the moment), "Train of Clues" will not be available until August 13th. See you all in the postings - Mrs. E :)



See how the page looks like someone had ink fingers?






And then when I showed the interior to Hailie and then closed the covers and she saw it near the first proof, she asked why the cover was so much lighter. So a second call to createspace and Ashley told me to document the differences so that in case this contnues to be an issue is documented. So here are the comparison front and back covers:












And then while I was holding the books like they would be on a bookshelf, I realized that there was a difference in the cut. See how the book on top looks like it has been cut at an angle? Not a good thing. I definitely didn't have the excited feeling when I opened the second proof as I did for the first one. Now I know why, colors are off, the edges are slightly different and the one interior illustration is smudged.




Guess this is why they call them proof copies - get all the kinks worked out before getting the real thing - Mrs. E :)

2 comments:

VS Grenier said...

I hope everything works out for your book. I know publishing your own book can be overwhelming and taxing. But in the end, you'll have something to be proud of.

elysabeth said...

Thanks, Virginia. I know it will be worth it. The printers messed up so thankfully I didn't have to pay for another proof. Anxiously awaiting the third second proof - lol. I'd love for someone to sponsor the books just to help get them out and not have to worry about having the funds to place orders. But hopefully some preorders will start coming in and I'll have everything back on track where it should be - E :)

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity