Friday, November 6, 2009

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) has begun

So I'm a little behind because officially NaNo started the 1st of the month. If you look to my side bar, you will see the Region word wars for SC. I will figure out how to post a personal widget so you can see my updates along with my NaNo writing buddies. So I had a scene pop in my head and wrote 522 words. Finished working and then went back to my story and have logged 1440 words today. Now you may say to yourself that is a lot of words or if you are a writer, you are probably thinking that's nothing. NaNo challenges writers to write a novel (okay the beginning of a novel really and it's not a final draft, it's more like an outline for a future novel) in a month. That's right - 30 days to write 50,000 words. I am a short story writer and so 50,000 words scares me. I am participating as the official cheerleader for the Greenville region of SC (and word keeper/poster to encourage the rest of the WriMos). I am also participating with Mr. Hughes class who are writing on the young writers program. Mr. Hughs and I decided that their goal would only be 6000 words and some of those kids have already put me to shame in that they have been getting some decent words in. On the YWP for NaNo you can set your own goal of how many words you will write ver teh course of 30 days. I set mine for 25,000 which is probably more achievable for me than the 50,000 words. So tonight I actually started and therefore logged 1440 words on my NaNo story. This is an accomplishment for ms since it is the 6th of November and I hardly ever participate in NaNo as a writer. So write on, more word counts to come and I'll try to put my personal widget on the sidebar too so you can see where I am with my goal. E :)

No comments:

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity