Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all

So Ms. Elysabeth and the JGDS took a much needed trip to visit parents in the Lenoir-Boone, NC area. The prediction was for snow Saturday (Christmas day) and Sunday and maybe even some on Monday. I had already planned on not heading home until Monday, so I'm good. We did an early Christmas eve service at my dad's church, starting about 7 p.m. and then had to take Ms. Jane home and stopped at a "Coffee House" for something to eat (it was about 10 o'clock when we had dinner or breakfast for supper kind of thing since I had French toast, mother had a waffle and father had loaded hash browns). The temperature was droppinng a good bit by time we got to the house. We did gifts this morning about 8is and so sometime between 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. it started snowing - so we have a white Christmas day at least. It has been about 23 years since I've actually seen snow on Christmas day. So my once every blue moon white Christmas is happening now. Of course I forgot my camera as I wanted to take pictures of the family and the snow - maybe another time.

Wishing you all a wonderful, day and hope all you receive exactly what you wanted Santa to bring you - Mrs. E :)

3 comments:

Diplo_Daddy said...

I'm very happy you were able to finally enjoy a white Christmas. Twenty-three years seems like a very long time to wait.

Happy Holidays!

Mr. Hughes said...

Ditto on getting a white Christmas! We didn't have one (and I was TOTALLY okay with that!)

elysabeth said...

lol - I can deal with a 20+ year span between white Christmases - lol. Thanks for stopping by guys. E :0

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity