Thursday, January 19, 2012

Upcoming Events

It's that time of year (really I'm behind because usually I start planning where we'll be in October and November) to let you know some events that are coming up.

January is almost over and unless I get a last minute call to do a presentation or something, there are no events scheduled. February brings Geofest and that is the official start of my selling season. This is a twice a year event and unless something comes up to conflict, I will probably continue going both times. March is the South Carolina Association of School Libraries (SCASL) conference where I'll be doing a workshop on shelving faction books, in particular the JGDS series. I'll also be an exhibitor/vendor with Sybil Nelson and Sarah Renee (we are calling ourselves the SC Author Connection). April looks to be pretty quiet and then May is a busy month. The Travel & Tourism week usually comes the first week of May but I need to check exact dates with Amos; I've tentatively put it on my calendar as the 12th. The weekend of the 18th is the SC Book Festival; again, this will be a split booth with Sybil Nelson and Sarah Renee as the SC Author Connection. We are tentatively looking at sharing a booth at the Decatur Book Festival which is in September and of course Savannah is on the agenda again this year. I'm going to try to do YALL fest which is the week before Savannah. In August, possibly the Love to Learn homeschool conference and hopefully we will be able to do the Mint Hill Sunday in the Park event again (hoping Ms. Faye will go with us again).

So not as busy as previous years but some bigger events this year. I'll keep you updated as events are added to the calendar. Ma America & the JGDS :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some interesting venues. Best wishes with book sales.

elysabeth said...

Thanks - I need something to really garner more book sales as this one or two a week isn't really doing it. I need to be seeing sales of at least 10 or 15 a week of any given title and more realistically since I'd like to see at least that on each title per month - and with 10 titles out I need to see something like 30 or 40 a week - let's see 15 x 10 = 150/4 = 37-1/2 books - okay I'll take 38 a week - lol. - chat soon - E :)

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity