Monday, August 10, 2009

Love to Learn Homeschool Info and Conference

I had a pretty decent time at the above conference. I would have liked to have seen more sales but such is life. I think making contact and seeing how people were reacting to the books and all is helpful. I may need to make my study guides longer because they seem to pale against others I've seen out there. I just don't know how to do that yet. I think having more books out next year will be helpful and so my goal is to be ready next year. I hope to see lots of new faces next year also. I think the crowd was a lot less than expected for several reasons but maybe next year will see double or triple folks.

While I was away this weekend, not having internet access, I topped 3000 hits on my blog - so a milestone was met and I missed it - lol - Next one 3500; so I am on my way - see you all in the postings - E :)

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

I'm glad it went well. I didn't go to our convention this year either, which is odd for me because it was finally right here close to me. But having done this over 11 years, I don't feel the need to go every year. Maybe next year when it's out of town and I can make a mini-vacation of it.

Good luck with your sales and getting your study guide longer. I wouldn't worry too much about that because the books are full of all the information kids need to know.

elysabeth said...

Rena,

That's what I wondered about. I haven't had any feedback really on the teacher's guides - length, info, et cetera. It's hard to gauge what is needed for the study guide and if I'm doing the right thing. Maybe #3 will be different. I'm hoping that next year with 3 or 4 more books available that I'll do better. I just need to get my butt in gear and get #3 edited and #4 written and the clues for #5, #6 and #7 in place so I can get the info to the right people - lol.

Anyway - I will be putting Quarries in the mail to you this week - I haven't forgotten, just was busy - see you in the postings - E :)

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity