Friday, December 17, 2010

Aerial Views of the World

Thanks to Five J's Homeschooling blog for the link to this amazing view. There were actually a couple of pictures of some places in the United States and so I thought I would give you all a bird's eye view of what a couple of places look like.

This is Denver, Colorado

Of course, when I get to doing Colorado, you all know Denver will show up in the book since it is the capital of the state. Of course, this view won't be part of the book but it is interesting to see how the town looks from the sky.




This is the freeways in Los Angeles and not surprising there are many interesting highways.

I don't think I would ever want to drive in the area since I would be confused which road I should be on, but I guess if you live in the area and grow up in the area that you would get used to this.





Now this is one of my favorite shots, even though it isn't even in the United States - looks like a bunch of sand castles - It is the ruins in a town in Egypt but pretty cool looking -

- I really like this even though I'm not a beach person. I much prefer the mountains. This just has a unique appearance to me.


For more views of different cities and areas, click here. A virtual global visit.

2 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

the ruins are very cool looking. agreed- just a bunch of sand castles, but OLD Sand castles!! thanks for sharing.

elysabeth said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you go to the website and check out some other pictures? There are some pretty awesome ones there - the coal mines in Africa, the one in Israel and several others. I think the coal mines one looks like a painting - Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment - talk soon - E :)

Web Page Hit Counter
Travelocity